My 30th birthday is almost here. I have so many mixed feelings I can’t even begin to explain.
When we are teenagers, we always tend to imagine our life and our future to be perfect. Where I am from, being 30 means you have to be married, have kids and have your life in “order”. I grew up with that in my mind and I really thought it was my future.
I have gone through SO much during my last years and I would never imagine being where I am now. Don’t take me wrong, I love my life and I am great full for all the opportunities I have. I am happy that I finally found my passion and are living my dream.
However, my life is not where I thought it would be! I am about to be 30 and I am a divorcee living in Miami with a dog. Is that bad? NO! It only makes me think how unexpected life is. How our plans and dreams can change in a blink of an eye is crazy!
Let’s talk about what I’ve learned my first 29 years of life.
- Never make assumptions and never expect that things come on their own. You have to work hard for what you want, everyday.
- Never take for granted people that care about you, love you and see pass your flaws.
- Having time alone is the best gift you can give to yourself.
- I learned the difference between people I know and actual friends.
- NEVER let anyone tell you you’re not good enough or you can’t do something.
- Think twice before talking, take a deep breath and a step back.
- Hug and kiss your parents, tell them how much you love them and thank them for everything they have done for you, even if you don’t understand yet, you will know it is for your own good.
- Have your own opinion and celebrate it! You are you, never let anyone decide for you, SPEAK UP!
- Ask for help! It is never too late. I suffer from anxiety and I was always in denial. I had to touch ground to understand I needed help.
- Enjoy every moment of laughter with your friends.
- Love someone SO much it hurts (not talking about a toxic relationship.
I can keep going with my list, I’ve learned so much. Yes, turning 30 is a big taboo, you question yourself if you are where you wanted. You ask yourself is you’re doing what you are supposed to do. So many questions and no answers yes, it is a little annoying. But all I can say is WAIT, RELAX AND BE HAPPY.
No one has the same time-frame. There are no rules about what you should be doing and when, the only thing you should care about is if you’re happy! At the end, that’s all that will matter.
And for the people that are almost 30. REMEMBER 30’S are the new 20’S, you got this!
*Just a little reminder to start the week*